Pink Washing, Cellphone Dangers, New Resources on the PCN Website, Follow us on Twitter! …
Pink Ribbons, Inc. is a feature documentary that shows how the devastating reality of breast cancer, which marketing experts have labeled a “dream cause,” has been hijacked by a shiny, pink story of success. The film recently celebrated its World Premiere at TIFF, where it was named one of the TOP 10 Films. It opens in Canadian theatres on February 3, 2012.
Making an Eco sexual Stink about Komen’s ‘Promise Me’ Perfume. Breast cancer is the boogey man lurking underneath our breastbones, and organizations committed to eradicating the disease are the super heroines wearing pink capes, except when they are selling something that can cause cancer.
Canadian Medical Association (CMA) motion on cellphones. The Canadian Medical Association will “educate and advise the profession and the public on methods of cellphone operation that will minimize radio frequency penetration to the brain.”
New on the PCN Website
Sign the Petition from Breast Cancer Action Montreal (BCAM) calling on Canada to require recognizable symbols on all products that contain cancer-causing chemicals.
New! PCN Primer on Cancer Prevention. Looking for a quick primer on cancer prevention? When we give our multi-media presentation, Prevention Is The Cure, we provide this new handout for the attendees. Follow the simple instructions shown and you can print it up, staple it if you want, and keep it handy around your home or office as an easy reference. You might even roll it up for a useful stocking stuffer gift at Christmas time!
Excellent educational video presentation from Dr. Magda Havas: “Wi-Fi in Schools is Safe. True or False?”
U.K. cancer research organization provides useful tool to help prevent cancer. Can cancer be prevented? Decades of research have shown that a person’s chances of getting cancer depends on a mishmash of their genes and their environment, but also certain aspects of their lives, many of which they can control. Check out this great new tool.
PCN on Twitter
Also in the Winter 2012 Issue of An Ounce …
- Can citizens stop a project to revive Canada’s deadly asbestos trade?
- Misreading Research: What the news said vs. what the science said
- Why iPads and iPhones are Not Kids’ Toys
- Did you know . . . six facts about cancer
- One Simple Change for Health and for the Environment
- Fracking, shale gas and cancer: Health risks at every step
- Burning Public Money
- BizNGO: Businesses and NGOs working together to promote safer chemicals in products and manufacturing
- Healthy Beauty for Life
- Petition to the Auditor General of Canada: Properly manage carcinogens in cosmetics!
- CAPE Pushing for Pesticide Ban in B.C.
- “12 Days of Prevention” Holiday Campaign a Big Success!
- PCN Shorts
- Make a donation to PCN today! We need you!
Published: February 3, 2012